Members of the Forum have been concerned to learn of a planning application to construct an effluent pipe for waste water and vegetable waste very close to Siccar Point, Scotland’s most important geological locality. It isn’t clear what impact this effluent would have on the Point itself, but certainly would be an unsightly scar on a beautiful and wild section of coast that is of great historical and scientific interest. If you are concerned, keep an eye on the Save Siccar Point website which has been set up locally – www.savesiccarpoint.co.uk
Latest from TwitterMy Tweets
- Lottery funding secured for nationwide celebration of Scotland’s amazing Earth Heritage
- Earthcache workshop, Saturday 4 Feb 2017
- New project: Scotland’s outstanding geoheritage
- Saturday 29 October, 10am: Local geoconservation workshop
- UK-wide Geoconservation Annual Gathering, Edinburgh Friday 28 October 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.