Members of the Forum have been concerned to learn of a planning application to construct an effluent pipe for waste water and vegetable waste very close to Siccar Point, Scotland’s most important geological locality. It isn’t clear what impact this effluent would have on the Point itself, but certainly would be an unsightly scar on a beautiful and wild section of coast that is of great historical and scientific interest. If you are concerned, keep an eye on the Save Siccar Point website which has been set up locally – www.savesiccarpoint.co.uk
Latest from TwitterMy Tweets
- Geology & tourism
- A world-class visitor attraction – Scotland’s Landscape, fashioned by geology: Wed 25 November 2015
- Testimony of the Rocks: Journeys through Time 20-26 June 2015
- Ethical Rock Collection Policy
- Opportunity for young earth scientists – Testimony of the Rocks: Journeys through Time voyage 20-26 June 2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.